Youth in the BAC will learn backcountry living skills while backpacking on trails and over mountain passes, experience solo time in the mountains, learn basics of rock climbing, raft through class III-IV whitewater, and demonstrate technical skills through leadership opportunities on the course. Guides will use these experiences in the outdoors to mentor youth and encourage them to reach their full leadership potential.
For current 9th through 12th grade students
(some exception may be made due to age)
Steps to sign up:
- Complete and submit application
- -After submitting an application you will be contacted by a Peak 7 staff member
- Fill out and submit trip paperwork and deposit
- Final payment is due 2 weeks prior to the start of the course
- April 15th
Scholarships and fundraising options available, please call to inquire.
- – Backpacking and Introduction to Backcountry Skills
- – Whitewater Rafting
- – Inflatable Kayaking through Rapids
- – Rock Climbing at Smith Rock
- – Solo Time in the Backcountry