Whitewater Rafting/Climbing Guide
Spend your summer whitewater rafting on the Deschutes River! You will learn how to navigate class II-IV rapids, as well as guide rock climbing and hiking trips to Smith Rock State Park. We are seeking out guides that are teachable, willing to work hard, energetic, and comfortable engaging with dynamic and unpredictable situations. While outdoor experience on the river and the rocks is a plus, technical outdoor skills are not required. Peak 7 trains guides at the beginning of every season to be well equipped with the skills necessary to facilitate first-rate trips.
Summer Season Commitment: Full time, May 26, 2020-August 31, 2020 (End date flexible)
Compensation: $1,000 – $1,500 depending on experience. Can fundraise additional support with the help of Peak 7. Food and housing provided.
Raft Guide Requirements:
- Commitment to Jesus Christ which reflects in every aspect of his/her vocation and personal life
- 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of Peak 7 Adventure’s Raft Guide School (provided)
- A 1-season commitment minimum, 2-season commitment preferred
- Excellent physical condition
- Previous Outdoor Leadership experience
- Knowledge and background in outdoor leadership
If you have any other questions, please Contact Us.