Spend your summer facilitating exciting, inspiring, physically demanding, and Christ centered wilderness trips for a variety of populations including, but not limited to: families, youth, adults, people with disabilities, and church groups.
Job responsibilities include: teaching technical skills, leading group discussions, and managing the overall safety of the trip. You will have the opportunity to create transformative experiences for the clients we serve, learn or sharpen your technical skills, and develop your teaching abilities under the mentorship and encouragement of the Program Coordinator and Lead Guides. This position requires strong wilderness leadership and interpersonal skills. While outdoor experience is a plus, technical outdoor skills are not required. Peak 7 trains guides at the beginning of every season to be well equipped with the skills necessary to facilitate first-rate trips.
Season Commitment: Full time, May 26, 2020-August 31, 2020 (End date flexible)
Ascent/Climbing Guide Requirements:
- Commitment to Jesus Christ which reflects in every aspect of his/her vocation and personal life
- 18 years of age or older
- Food Handlers Permit (Reimbursed by Peak 7 Adventures)
- Successful completion of Peak 7 Adventure’s Wilderness Instructors Course
- A 2-season commitment preferred
- Excellent physical condition
- Doctor’s physical within the last two years
- Previous Outdoor Leadership experience (desirable but not mandatory)
- Knowledge and background in outdoor leadership
- Reading “Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills” book prior to start of season
If you have any other questions, please Contact Us.