Peak 7 Adventure’s guides conduct exciting, inspiring, physically demanding, and Christ centered wilderness trips for a variety of populations including but not limited to families, youth, adults, the disabled, and church groups. Trips are 5-7 days in length. Positions are seasonal from June through end of August.
The Ascent/Climbing Guide has responsibility for teaching technical skills as well as leading group discussions and the overall safety of the trip. This is where all instructors begin. It is an opportunity to learn more about our adventures and to develop one’s teaching and technical skills and processing abilities under the mentoring and encouragement of the Program Coordinator or Lead Guides. This position requires strong wilderness leadership and interpersonal skills.
Season: June – August
Time Commitment: June – August work full time every week. Some flexibility in schedule available.
Ascent/Climbing Guide Requirements:
- Christian faith
- 18 year of age or older
- Wilderness First Responder (provided by Peak 7 Adventures)
- CPR (must have current certification that is valid through end of season)
- Food Handlers Permit (Reimbursed by Peak 7 Adventures)
- Successful completion of Peak 7 Adventure’s Wilderness Instructors Course
- A 2-season commitment preferred
- Excellent physical condition
- Doctors physical with in the last two years
- Commitment to Jesus Christ which reflects Christ in every aspect of his/her vocation and personal life.
- Previous Outdoor Leadership experience (desirable but not mandatory).
- Knowledge and background in outdoor learning experiences.
- Reading “Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills” book
*This is a support raised position
If you have any other questions, please Contact Us.