Peak 7 Adventure’s Seattle program guides conduct exciting, inspiring, physically demanding, and Christ centered wilderness trips for a variety of populations including but not limited to families, youth, adults, the disabled, and church groups. Trips are 1-3 days in length.
As a guide for our Seattle program, you will be leading rock climbing, stand up paddle boarding, and base camp climbing & rafting trips. As a leader, you have responsibility for teaching technical skills, leading group discussions, and the overall safety of trips. You will have the opportunity to learn more about our adventures, learn or sharpen your technical skills, and develop your teaching and processing abilities under the mentoring and encouragement of the Program Coordinator or Lead Guides. This position requires strong wilderness leadership and interpersonal skills.
Season Commitment: Full time, May 29, 2018-August 31, 2018 (Some flexibility with end date)
Ascent/Climbing Guide Requirements:
- Christian faith
- 18 year of age or older
- Wilderness First Responder (provided by Peak 7 Adventures)
- CPR (must have current certification that is valid through end of season)
- Food Handlers Permit (Reimbursed by Peak 7 Adventures)
- Successful completion of Peak 7 Adventure’s Wilderness Instructors Course
- A 2-season commitment preferred
- Excellent physical condition
- Doctors physical with in the last two years
- Commitment to Jesus Christ which reflects Christ in every aspect of his/her vocation and personal life.
- Previous Outdoor Leadership experience (desirable but not mandatory).
- Knowledge and background in outdoor learning experiences.
*This is a support raised position
If you have any other questions, please Contact Us.