Seattle guides facilitate exciting, inspiring, physically demanding, and Christ centered wilderness trips for a variety populations including, but not limited to: families, youth, adults, people with disabilities, and church groups. As a guide, you will be leading rock climbing, stand up paddle boarding, and base camp climbing and rafting trips that range between 1 and 3 days in length.
Job responsibilities include: teaching technical skills, leading group discussions, and managing the overall safety of our trips. You will have the opportunity to create transformative experiences for the clients we serve, learn or sharpen your technical skills, and develop your teaching abilities under the mentorship and encouragement of the Program Coordinator and Lead Guides. This position requires strong outdoor leadership and interpersonal skills. While outdoor experience is a plus, technical outdoor skills are not required. Peak 7 trains guides at the beginning of every season to be well equipped with the skills necessary to facilitate first-rate trips.
Season Commitment: Full time, May 22, 2020-August 31, 2020 (End date flexible)
Compensation: $1,000 – $1,500 depending on experience. Can fundraise additional support with the help of Peak 7. Food and housing provided.
Ascent/Climbing Guide Requirements:
- Commitment to Jesus Christ which reflects in every aspect of his/her vocation and personal life
- 18 years of age or older
- Food Handlers Permit (Reimbursed by Peak 7 Adventures)
- Successful completion of Peak 7 Adventure’s Wilderness Instructors Course
- A 2-season commitment preferred
- Excellent physical condition
- Doctor’s physical within the last two years
- Previous Outdoor Leadership experience (desirable but not mandatory)
- Knowledge and background in outdoor leadership
If you have any other questions, please Contact Us.