Working under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator oversees Peak 7 Adventures outdoor programs. The Program Coordinator is expected to accomplish this through booking trips, trainings, and coordinating seasonal team members/volunteers. The position requires being physically and emotionally capable of leading participants in each of our programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Have a thorough knowledge of all Peak 7 programs.
- Book, organize, and schedule assigned outdoor programs.
- Ensure that all gear, equipment, and procedures are maintained in accordance with Peak 7 standards.
- Maintain good public relations with news media, parents, legal guardians, and outdoor industry representatives.
- Facilitate or assist in training of seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Meetings and presentations to churches, organizations, and individuals to build awareness and get people involved with Peak 7 Adventures.
- Coordinate and manage all Peak 7 paperwork pertaining to specified program.
- Accomplish all other duties assigned by the Program Manager and/or Management team.
Preferred education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Washington Raft Guide Certification or willingness to complete.
- Valid certification in CPR or willingness to complete.
- Wilderness First Responder Certification (WFR) or willingness to complete.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in outdoor related skills and an understanding of procedures in outdoor programs.
- Knowledge of technology and software, such as Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with team members, seasonal team, volunteers, and public.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of duties, working conditions, and priorities.
The incumbent must be a person who embodies the following:
- Commitment to Jesus Christ which reflects Christ in every aspect of his/her vocation and personal life.
- An understanding of and commitment to the special Vision and Mission of Peak 7 Adventures.
- An understanding of and ability to work with others and an appropriate sense of behavior when working with youth.
- A good work ethic with sufficient physical and emotional energy to work long hours.
- A self-starter who creates ideas and follows through without prodding but knows when and how to ask for assistance and counsel.
This position must support raise $16,500.00 of their $30,000.00 annual salary.
If you have any other questions, please Contact Us.