Lead Climbing Guide
Working under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Lead Climbing Guide oversees the technical and safety aspects of rock climbing trips in Spokane and assists with technical aspects of mountaineering trips. The Lead Climbing Guide is expected to manage all trip elements, including other guides and volunteers, paperwork, gear, vehicles, and participants, according to the standards of Peak 7 Adventures Spokane climbing trips. The Lead Climbing Guide will, also, be expected to help with some Ascent trips that require roped climbing and/or glacial travel. This is a seasonal position from May 28-August 31 (end time flexible)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Have a thorough knowledge of Peak 7 climbing and ascent programs.
- Responsible for making decisions to uphold safety standards and for managing any emergencies, including performing advanced rescues.
- Ensure that all gear, equipment, and procedures are maintained in accordance with Peak 7 standards.
- Maintain good public relations with news media, parents, legal guardians, and outdoor industry representatives.
- Facilitate or assist in training of seasonal staff and volunteers
- Coordinate and manage all Peak 7 paperwork pertaining to the climbing program.
- Accomplish all other duties assigned by the Program Coordinator and/or Management team.
Preferred education and work experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid certification in CPR or willingness to complete.
- First Aid Certification or willingness to complete.
- Experience with institutional climbing standards.
- Proficiency in building climbing anchors.
- Ability to instruct new climbers and help teach new climbing guides and volunteers.
- Traditional lead climbing experience.
- Single Pitch Instructor certification preferred.
- Experience with glacial travel, managing rope teams, and crevasse rescue basics.
- Experience using an ice axe and crampons.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with team members, seasonal team, volunteers, and public.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of duties, working conditions, and priorities.
The applicant must be a person who embodies the following:
- Commitment to Jesus Christ which reflects in every aspect of his/her vocation and personal life.
- An understanding of and commitment to the Mission and Vision of Peak 7 Adventures.
- An understanding of and ability to work with others and an appropriate sense of behavior when working with youth.
- A good work ethic with sufficient physical and emotional energy to work long hours.
- A self-starter who initiates tasks and finds solution with little need for input or direction from a manager, but knows when and how to ask for assistance and counsel.
Please be prepared to submit a climbing resume.
Please include the follow in your climbing resume: Date, Location, Route, Rating, # of Pitches, Style (Sport, Trad, Aid, TR)
$3050 For the period from May 28-August 31 (end date flexible)
If you have any other questions, please Contact Us.